Vacancy: Administrative Assistant of Career Guidance programme
About the organization
In October 2011, beside the current education programme, the Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance, Belgium (VVOB) has started up a new programme namely Career Education Programme for the period 2012-2013 in Vietnam. This programme aims to improve the quality of career guidance through better information, better vocational training at the secondary education, better understood potential of vocational training in two provinces Nghe An and Quang Nam.
The program has partnership with Department of Education and Training (DOET), Women’s Union of the above provinces.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Programme Coordinator, by being responsible for the secretariat, administration and related communication. The assistant will also give secretarial and administrative support to the overall programme.
- Ensure required documentation (administrative and financial) is collected and submitted timely and in good order to the relevant Coordinator
- Assist programme coordinators in contacting VVOB partners, collecting information, follow-up by telephone or correspondence
- Assist programme coordinators with translation
- Assist with expenditure analysis and documentation for partners
- Keep office files and documentation up to date and in order
- Be the focal point in procurement processes
- Make petty cash payments and keep records and reconciliations accordingly
- Give logistical support for in-country and international missions
- Write general office correspondence, letters and e-mail
- Arrange for delivery & collection of mail and documents
- Communicate internally with the programme team on administrative and general office matters
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies / Business Management/ relevant field
- Experience in the education and/or development sector is an advantage
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience
- VVOB core competencies
- Result-orientation: undertake goal-oriented and concrete actions in order to meet or exceed goals
- Cooperation: contribute to a common result at team, department or organisation level, even if it is not really a personal priority
- Continuous improvement: in his/her performance and the functioning of the department, willingness to learn and grow during periods of change
- Ability to judge and to assure adherence to sets of specific guidelines for administrative and financial management.
- Ability to successfully produce a variety of small reports.
- Flexible, able to offer alternative ideas and solutions.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications: MS Office: good command of Word and Excel is required,
- Experience with other internet and software applications (eg skype, picture management) is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping
- Good written and oral command of English
This full time position will be located in Hanoi. Ad-hoc working trips to the 2 provinces are part of the assignment.
Remuneration and benefits
Salary and package according to EU-UN cost norms 2012 (including social and health benefits)
As soon as possible.
Up to 31/12/2013 with a possible extension depending on available fund.
Candidates for the position are requested to submit letters of application and CV in English by 17:30, 27th June 2012: email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.