Vacancy: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Monitoring and Evaluation in VVOB Vietnam
VVOB Vietnam is currently implementing three programmes in cooperation with a variety of partner institutions in Vietnam (Education programme, Agricultural Extension programme and Career Guidance programme). A new programme is being developed for the period 2014-2019. Since the start of 2011 VVOB Headquarters instructed country programme teams to develop an M&E plan. VVOB Vietnam fine-tuned a generic M&E plan (or system or framework) for M&E of different intermediate results (and sub-results) in the LOG frames of the current programmes.
For VVOB Vietnam M&E provides information to report and to guide the programme, but additionally an important part of the programme is capacity building for M&E at partner institutions. In the first phase of the current programmes (2008-2010) VVOB Vietnam developed procedures to monitor and evaluate capacity building and use of training materials, in the second phase (2011-2013) these approaches are integrated into the existing M&E practices at partner institutions and the focus is on monitoring the capacity of the partner institutions to use M&E in decision making and planning.
One M&E adviser is facilitating this process and gives advice to different programme teams (VVOB staff as well as partner institutions) on M&E. To assist the M&E adviser up to the end of 2013, VVOB is currently looking for an M&E officer. Depending on the new programme and the performance of the officer, this officer could take over full responsibility for M&E under the new programme from 2014 onwards
Under the guidance of the M&E adviser the M&E officer will assist in the following:
- Assess overall and specific programme objectives, intermediate results and sub-results (LOG frame approach)
- Prepare M&E framework for the new programme
- Organise baseline and power mapping studies, training needs assessment, training, evaluation, ...
- Develop year indicators in the LOG frame of different programmes (in participation with VVOB staff and partner institutions)
- Collect and analyse date (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Compile/write reports (semi-annual progress reports and annual reports)
- Support capacity development for partner institutions on M&E (organization of workshops, trainings and follow-up)
- Communicate findings for different audiences, facilitation of yearly planning workshops
- Facilitate organizational learning and coaching/advising of VVOB staff on M&E
- Manage content of websites
- Translate reports (English - Vietnamese)
- Other duties as required could be e.g. support PR, support/lead internal review, support proposal writing, etc
- Bachelor (or master degree) with at least 3 years working experience for development agencies and projects/programs
- A study background in social and/or education sciences or development studies is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with development project implementation (preferably with LOG frame approach)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with research and M&E: data collection and analysis (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Good ICT skills
- Excellent report writing skills (reports, papers, ...)
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese
- -Experience with managing content of a website
VVOB core competencies:
- Result-orientation: undertake goal-oriented and concrete actions in order to meet or exceed goals
- Cooperation: contribute to a common result at team, department or organisation level, even if it is not really a personal priority
- Continuous improvement: in one's performance and the functioning of the department, due to willingness to learn and grow during periods of change
This full time position will be located in Hanoi. Frequent working trips to the VVOB’s provinces are part of the assignment.
Remuneration and benefits
Salary and package according to EU-UN cost norms 2012 (including social and health benefits)
As soon as possible.
Up to 31/12/2013 with a possible extension up to 2019 depending on programme design.
Candidates for the position are requested to submit letters of application and CV in English including 3 referees (referees will only be contacted after final selection) by 17:30, 13th August 2012: email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.