Our programmes in didactics envision learners who are motivated, confident and social. This requires teachers who are not only result-oriented, but also process-oriented. It also needs teachers who are supported in this by enabling policy, management, and learning environments.
That is why our programmes include support to and promotion of:
- the coaching and support to curriculum development at teacher training institutions;
- regular in-service training and peer mentoring for teacher trainers and teachers;
- and the development of educational resources for teacher trainers.
VVOB also pays attention to some of the important enabling conditions for improved didactics. This includes:
- involvement and support of senior education managers and decision makers;
- strengthening of external quality assurance and support mechanisms;
- and bringing schools closer to communities.