VVOB publishes photo book to celebrate its 30th anniversary: 'Education Changes Lives'
Early 2012, ten photographers set out on a journey. Their mission was extremely challenging; to grasp the impact of VVOB's education programmes on the everyday lives of children and youngsters. The result is an impressive and colourful range of interpretations, perspectives and ideas.
Education can change lives. Continuously, education changes as well. 'Education Changes Lives' powerfully brings this into focus.
This photo book was launched during a ceremony to celebrates VVOB's 30th anniversary on June 21st 2012. A digital online version and a video introduction can be found below.
- 'Education Changes Lives' is the result of a joint effort of VVOB staff and partners all over the world with the support of the Flemish and Belgian government.
- Many thanks to everyone who allowed us to take their picture. You are beautiful!
- Photographers: Binamungu Ever (Rwanda), Chimwasu Njapawu (Zambia), David Brazier (Zimbabwe), Dieter Telemans (Belgium), Hester Jonkhout (Suriname), Joseph Munga (Kenya), Kiripi Katembo Siku (DR Congo), María Inés Armesto (Ecuador), Nguyen Viet Hung (Vietnam) and Philong Sovan (Cambodia)
Browse online through 'Education Changes Lives'
Video introduction to VVOB's photo book 'Education Changes Lives'
This video was produced for the ceremony to celebrate VVOB's 30th anniversary on June 21st 2012 in Brussels. It contains all the photos that were selected for the book. To give some backstage insights we also added four testimonials of VVOB staff who assisted during the photo shoots.
- Language: Dutch parts have English subtitles and vice versa.
- Music: 'Sunrise' by Alastair Cameron from 'Free Film Music' - CC BY 3.0