Dozens of organisations and individuals are active in the education and training sector in development cooperation in Belgium. Before Educaid.be was established in 2010, there was no platform for structural consultation between them.
Educaid.be is a synergy programme of VVOB and APEFE, who are equal partners (financially, operationally and content-wise) in its implementation.
Belgian development actors working on education and training create a (political) context to improve interventions in education in the Global South.
- APEFE, Association pour la Promotion de l’Education et de la Formation à l’Etranger
- 48 member organisations
Educaid.be creates a learning environment in which organisations and individuals, both members and non-members, share and build knowledge about specific challenges in education in the Global South, and about successful methods to address these challenges. Educaid.be also contributes to the formulation, implementation and follow-up of education and training in Belgian development policy.
The programme is built around three pillars:
- Developing the capacity and expertise of member organisations.
- Promoting complementarity and synergy between member organisations.
- Developing and supporting Belgian policy on education and training in development cooperation.
- member organisations share their expertise with each other and use external expertise (national and international) for quality education and training in development cooperation.
- Educaid.be is an active partner of the Belgian government in the formulation of policy on quality education and training in development cooperation.
- the platform stimulates and facilitates cooperation and synergy between its members in the context of an integrated approach.