Differences in socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds are the main causes of inequality in the Vietnamese education system. This is reflected in the number of drop-outs and the learning outcomes. This inequality can best be addressed as early as possible in the education career of a child.
Teachers and school leaders provide all pupils in early education equal opportunities for improving their further education and future.
- Ministry of Education and Training
- Department of Teachers and Educational Administrators
- 4 Departments of Education and Training (provincial level)
- 4 Teacher Training Institutes (provincial level - college or university)
- National Women’s Union
- 4 Provincial Women’s Unions
Other organisations involved
- Vietnam Institute of Educational Sciences
- National Institute of Education Management
- Hanoi National University of Education
- Hanoi Pedagogical University No. 2
The emphases of the Early Education programme in Vietnam are Active Teaching and Learning (ATL) and the transition from early childhood education to primary education. This programme has five result areas.
- At the national level the Department of Teachers and Education Administrators of the Ministry of Education and Training has the skills and tools to effectively use different modalities for in-service training, i.e. face-to-face cascade trainings, e-learning and blended learning.
- The Provincial Departments of Education and Training provide further training to early education teachers on ATL in early years and on the transition from early childhood education to primary education.
- The teacher training institutes provide training for early education teachers on ATL in early years and the transition from early childhood education to primary education.
- The National Women's Union supports its provincial departments on ATL in early years and the transition from early childhood education to primary education.
- The provincial Women's Unions raise awareness among parents about these subjects.
The programme is implemented in four provinces: Thai Nguyen, Quang Nam, Nghe An and Quang Ngai. The results will also be shared at the national level.